Staying safe while riding your bicycle.
Hit and run driver accidents are becoming more commonplace as bicycling has become more popular and, of course, there are more cars on the roads. After a hit and run, bicycle riders can face a total loss, which could mean spending thousands of dollars on medical bills and to replace their bike.
To help deal with the aftermath of bicycle accidents from hit and run drivers, some insurance companies are now offering coverage for high-end bicycle owners. These policies come with a variety of coverage options, including:
- Liability coverage with combined single limits at $25,000, $50,000, or $100,000.
- Vehicle contact protection, which is similar to uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.
- Rental reimbursement.
- Replacement cost for the physical damage to bikes, including accessories.
- Competitive free reimbursement.
- Theft, if you are away from home.
- Roadside assistance.
- Medical payments.
- Cyclist apparel and spare parts coverage.
- Deductibles that can be as low as $100.
- Worldwide coverage.
It’s easy to go online to find those insurance companies who are now offering cyclist insurance but for all your insurance needs – auto, home, life and health – contact Randy Jones Insurance Services in Pleasanton, California. We will work closely with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price to fit your budget.