December is one of the most exciting months of the year! It is more full of holidays than any other month! Here are a few days to start looking forward to:
- On December 7th, the nation comes together to celebrate Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day. The 7th is set aside to honor the individuals who were injured or killed during the attack on Pearl Harbor, which occurred on the same day in 1941.
- This year, Hanukkah begins on Tuesday, December 16th! It will continue each day until Wednesday, December 24th.
- December 24th is Christmas Eve and the 25th is Christmas! Christmas day falls on a Thursday this year, giving most employees a 4-day weekend to spend with loved ones. Let’s all remember “the reason for the season!”
- The 27th of December is National Fruitcake Day! Here’s an easy recipe to make the perfect fruitcake, you will need to preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Mix together 3 cups of whole red and green candied cherries, 3 cups of diced candied pineapple, 1 pound of shelled walnuts, and 10 ounces of golden raisins in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, add together 1 cup of shortening, 1 cup of sugar, 5 eggs, 4 tablespoons of vanilla extract, 3 cups of flour, 3 teaspoons of baking powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt. Pour the latter mixture on top of the fruit until it is evenly coated. Add the mixture to a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan, bake for 2 hours, and serve!
- We prepare to welcome the New Year on Wednesday, December 31st! Have fun welcoming in 2015 but remember to do so safely.
The Randy Jones Insurance Services team would like to take a moment to wish you and your family happy holidays! If you find yourself needing insurance and you want to take care of it over the holiday time off, don’t hesitate to call one of our skilled insurance professionals. We’re here to help you welcome in 2015 “well protected”!