Medicine Safety Tips
Over the counter medications can be much more convenient than prescription medications, and can help you and your family start feeling better just as fast. However, they can also be dangerous if they fall into the wrong hands – especially little ones. Keep these medicine safety tips in mind to ensure that your children do not get a hold of any medications.
- Carefully read all the labels on the medicine, and give the proper dosage, using the correct measuring device that comes with it.
- Only use medicine that is made to treat the symptoms that your child has. Do not mix any medicines with the same active ingredients.
- Before you give your child any products that contain aspirin for any flu or cold symptoms, consult your doctor.
- If your child develops any reactions or side effects that are concerning, stop giving them the medicine immediately, and contact your doctor.
- Keep your medications stored in a safe location that is out of the reach of small hands. Never leave medicine on the counter or in a child’s bedroom.
We encourage you to keep these tips in mind when medications of really any kind are in the household. For all of your homeowner’s insurance needs, contact the insurance professionals at Randy Jones Insurance in Pleasanton, California.