Inexpensive Ways To Winterize Your Home
Insurance is not the only way to protect your home! If your area has yet to be hit with colder temperatures, it likely will be soon! It is beneficial to winterize your home now, so you will not have to worry when the winter weather rolls around. We care about you, and know that your home is probably your biggest asset. With that being said, we have compiled a list of useful information for preparing your home for winter! Here are a few tips:
- Clean out your gutters. Fall has most likely packed them full of leaves and other debris. When your gutters are clogged, water cannot properly drain away from the foundation of your home. Failing to clear out your gutters can lead to costly water damage repairs.
- Take a few moments to flush your water heater. This will get rid of particles and sediment that may be decreasing the efficiency of your heating unit.
- Save money on your heating bill by changing the direction of your fan blades. Heat rises, so make sure they circulate in a clockwise direction. This will help to move hot air that accumulates toward the ceiling back down to the floor.
- Be sure to change your air filters. For about $10 you can increase the lifespan of your heater, and prevent potential house fires.
- Purchase a $20 window insulation film to install on your windows. This simple installation can help to preserve up to 70% of the heat, which is normally lost when it leaks out of windows.
- Re-caulk any noticeable gaps around your windows and doors.
- Purchase a chimney balloon to block off your chimney when it is not in use. Much of your household heat is lost through the chimney. Therefore, this purchase will certainly pay for itself in heating bill savings.
When it comes to protecting your home, we want you to have the best coverage! The accomplished insurance agents at Randy Jones Insurance Services are experts when it comes to providing comprehensive homeowners insurance policies that will give you the protection you need for your personal situation and, with a competitive price tag. Please contact us in order to purchase a customized insurance policy that will keep you and your home well protected.