It is time to break out the Halloween costumes and prepare to go trick or treating with your young ones! While trick or treating can be tons of fun, it can also be a time for added safety and awareness. Here are some vital safety tips to ensure that your holiday is fun and memorable for the whole family:
- There is an increased likelihood of reckless drivers and intoxicated drivers on the road during this holiday, so be sure to look both ways before crossing streets and be extra aware of your surroundings.
- Try to plan your route in advance so that you can avoid any unpleasant areas or unexpected detours.
- Apply reflective tape to each of your child’s costumes to ensure that they are visible from all angles.
- Make sure you all have flashlights! The mini ones are great for kids.
- Before allowing your child to enjoy their “sweet loot”, be sure to give each piece a good look. We recommend making their favorite dinner before the trick or treating fun begins so they are less likely to fill up on candy.
Happy Halloween! Contact Randy Jones Insurance in Pleasanton for all of your California insurance needs. We will go above and beyond to protect every member of your family.