There’s nothing sweeter than spending Valentine’s Day with someone you love, making scrumptious treats you both can enjoy. Check out delectable Valentine recipes this February.
Recipes You’ll Love: Love Letters
Make cookies that look just like miniature love letters. For this recipe, you’ll need 2 cups all-purpose flour, ½ cup white sugar, 1 tsp. salt, 1 cup butter, 2 tsp. lemon zest, 1 tbs. orange zest, ½ cup sour cream, and 1 cup chopped candied cherries.
1. Preheat your oven to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine flour, sugar and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Add butter, lemon zest and orange zest to create a course mixture. Evenly blend in sour cream.
3. Use your hands to create a firm dough ball. Roll the dough on floured surface to 1/8 inch thick.
4. Cut the dough in 2 x 3 inch pieces. Fold each end to the center to resemble the look of an envelope. Use a piece of candied cherry to seal.
5. Cook on an ungreased cookie sheet. Brush the tops of the cookies with water and sprinkle a bit of sugar on top. Bake cookies for 6 to 8 minutes or until slightly browned.
For information about insurance in California, please contact Randy Jones Insurance, located in Pleasanton.