While the kids are out of school for summer, you most likely do not want to spend hours in the kitchen cooking dinner. Try out this fast and easy zesty shrimp and quinoa recipe that the whole family will enjoy and will get you in and out of the kitchen.
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- 2 – 4 dashes hot sauce
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup raw shrimp, fresh or frozen
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, pepper, garlic, and hot sauce in a medium bowl. Stir until well blended and set aside.
- Combine the quinoa and 1 ¾ cup water in a pot. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, start to cook the shrimp. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Add the shrimp and onions. When the shrimp begins to turn pink, add the sauce and continue to cook, stirring frequently.
- When the shrimp is completely cooked, add the quinoa, and stir until well combined. Top with a drizzle of soy sauce and enjoy!
All of us at Randy Jones Insurance in Pleasanton, California would like to encourage you to try this healthy summer recipe!