Use these tips to prepare for a flood.
Floods are one of the destructive natural disasters that can hit your house. While there is no way that you can prevent a flood from affecting your house, there are some steps that you can take to make sure that you are prepared. Keep these FEMA recommended preparation and flood insurance tips in mind to keep your home and belongings covered.
- Create an emergency kit that you can easily grab that includes water, nonperishable food, flashlight, batteries, prescriptions, and personal hygiene items.
- Keep an easily accessible and fully stocked first aid kit in your house at all times.
- Know where the main shut offs are for all of your utilities and how to turn them off in case of an emergency.
- Keep copies of all important documents in a safe place that is away from your house, such as in a safe deposit box.
- Stay up to date with the weather forecast, no matter if you use an app or regularly watch the news.
Most importantly, take a look at your flood insurance policy to make sure that you have the coverage that you deserve. Contact Randy Jones Insurance Services in Pleasanton, CA for all of your flood insurance needs.