insuring your Pleasanton in-home businessMore and more small business owners are operating small businesses out of their homes such as consulting services, direct sales where some inventory might be involved, day care operations, etc. Does your personal home insurance cover your business property and your business liability exposure? The answer, in most cases, is NO. There are, however, options to cover commercial exposures.

Through Business Option Policies, or “Riders”, known as BOPs, you can get the coverages to protect you and your business. If you have a home office with no retail or client traffic exposure where customers come to your home, then a BOP might be the answer. Don’t risk a liability claim or business property loss by thinking that because you have a homeowner policy you are covered. Homeowner policies do not cover in-home business operations. Give us a call and we can advise you based on your particular business and situation.