Get ready for a sweet Independence Day with this delicious dessert recipe.
Throwing a party this Fourth of July? If so, delicious food is a must! If you are looking for a perfect way to end this holiday, try preparing this awesome s’mores banana pudding. This mash-up of two American classics is sure to impress!
S’mores Banana Pudding
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff, microwaved for 10 seconds
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups crushed graham crackers, plus quartered graham crackers for garnish
- 4 bananas, sliced into coins
- 3 Hershey’s chocolate bars, chopped
- Make pudding: In a large mixing bowl, combine milk, pudding mix, and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk thoroughly, breaking up any lumps, and refrigerate until set, about 5 minutes.
- Make whipped cream: In another large bowl, combine heavy cream, marshmallow fluff, and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Cover the bottom of a three-quart trifle dish with a couple handfuls of crushed graham crackers. Top with one-third of the pudding, followed by a layer of banana slices. Add half of the whipped cream. Cover with marshmallows, chocolate bars and more graham crackers —you may want to also stand some graham crackers up vertically, so you see the full circle along the edge of the trifle dish.
- Repeat layering process once more, ending with a final layer of whipped cream sprinkled with marshmallows, chocolate bars, and graham crackers. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to overnight.
This dessert is such a showstopper that it just might compete with the Fourth of July fireworks. Looking for assistance with your insurance this holiday? Then contact the experts at Randy Jones Insurance Services in Pleasanton, California. We are ready to get you covered today.