Fourth of July safety tips for all!
Happy Independence Day! Celebrate America’s birthday with friends and family. However, along with all the fun, put safety first. Whether you’re hosting a barbecue, attending a pool party, or watching the fireworks, keep your loved ones secure with these safety tips.
· Always grill outside. Barbecuing inside isn’t only a fire hazard, but the grill can release toxic chemicals that can be lethal if not properly ventilated.
· Never leave the grill unattended. It only takes a matter of seconds for an accident to get out of hand. Keep a watchful eye and keep kids and pets far away from the flames.
· Don’t overload the grill. Putting too much meat on the grill can lead to too much grease, increasing your chances of a fire. Be mindful of how much you’re grilling, and always clean the grill after use.
· Never swim alone and never let kids in the pool without adult supervision. That way there’s always someone around to help out.
· Establish the pool rules, before the party gets started. No running or diving into the pool to keep everyone safe.
· Wear sunscreen. Encourage anyone spending time outside to wear a sunscreen with an SPF of 30.
· Check your local ordinances. In many states, the use of fireworks is illegal. Before you decide to buy your own, check to verify that it’s legal.
· Check drought conditions. Even if it’s legal to use fireworks, drought conditions increase your risk of fire. Don’t use them if there’s a high risk for fires.
· Never let children use fireworks. Protect delicate ear drums and wear earplugs.
· When using fireworks, dispose of them properly. Let them soak in water for at least 20 minutes before disposing of them.
· Be mindful of your pets. Loud noises can be scary. Prevent your pets from running away or getting into trouble and keep them safely inside.
Have a happy and safe Fourth of July! Stay protected year round with the right insurance. Contact the professionals at Randy Jones Insurance Services in Pleasanton, California for assistance finding the right insurance policy for your needs.